Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Meet The Artist: Pam

-Name: Pamela Jabonete

-Hometown: Montgomery County, Silver Spring, MD

-First Job Makeup Job: A D.C. nightclub for a Fashion Show it was year 2006!

-First Big Break: I would have to say working with SAPNA magazine (online) for artist Tina Sugandh's cover. (http://sapnamagazine.com/purchase/anniversarycover/)

-Runner-up Career: beauty columnist for zink magazine

- Three Products Women Should Own: concealer, mascara and eyeliner

- My Signature Style: Under eye highlight!!! and contouring!

- My favorite way to spend down time: google-ing kim kardashian's makeup! trying different makeup techniques, playing with my dog Lilly, reading, and cooking!

- Biggest Beauty Myth: that there is a set color for particular skin tones. makeup is all about personal style, making statements.

- Beauty Icon: Kim Kardashian, Ru Paul, Lucile Ball, Jennifer Lopez

- Trend that should come back: glitter eyeshadow, and less is more!

- Trend that shouldn't: red lipstick without having any type of foundation on. seeing shimmery eyeshadow all the way to the brows, harsh contouring.

- How I relax: goose and tonic!

- Accomplishment I am most proud of: Currently I am proud of embracing my talents, because if I dont then who will!? But, I am still working on achieving my balance of success, happiness, love and of course, my passion for makeup!

- Beauty Tip my mom taught me: curling lashes is a must for asian eyes!

- I dont leave my home without: a scarf, my dinky phone, and raybans!

- Guilty Pleasure Snack: cupcakes, im obsessed, ask anyone!

- Product that should be invented: a device that analyzes the correct understones in foundation colors for people!!

- My Beauty Secret: Dont overdo the skincare!!